Registration and forms
Admission criteria CTO program
PhD candidates have to meet the admission criteria as formulated by the Graduate School of Life Sciences of Utrecht University.
- Utrecht University, research
- Graduate School of Life Sciences, PhD programmes
- Graduate School of Life Sciences
- Graduate School of Life Sciences,PhD journey
PhD candidates have to participate in (clinical) cancer-research projects carried out in, or associated with one of the departments of the UMC Utrecht, Faculty of Science/Biology (UU), Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (UU) or the Hubrecht Laboratory. Minimum number of PhD years is two.
Registration CTO PhD program and MyPhD
Within one month after the start of their PhD project, all PhD candidates have to register at MyPhD. In MyPhD you can choose the PhD program you would like to join.
Separately from registering in MyPhD the PhD student has to fill in the CTO registration form and send this to the secretariat of the CTO PhD program (this also can be done by email: email@example.com), together with a TSA form. This TSA form has also to be signed by the program coördinator, Dr. S. Elias (the CTO secretary will take care of the signature of the program coordinator). Without this registration form/TSA form the registration is not complete and/or definite!
Exemption and Admission to Doctoral Studies
Immediately upon approval of the training program, the PhD candidate has to request "Exemption and Admission to Doctoral Studies" (NL: "Verzoek tot ontheffing en toelating tot de promotie"). The request can be made via the following UU website: Doctoral Programmes at University Utrecht
Monitoring is performed according to the procedures proposed by the GS-LS. The PhD candidate receives guidance on a regular basis by his/her supervisors. On a yearly basis the supervisors evaluates the progress of the research project and training program. The PhD candidate documents this yearly evaluation in a written report. The yearly report is sent to the program coordinator.
- Registration form CTO program, please send to CTO secretary (Registration form, download word document)
- TSA form, please send to CTO secretary (TSA form, download PDF file)
- Yearly progress report (Progress report, download word document)
- Instructions yearly progress evaluation (Instructions, download word document)
- Course Registration Form* (electronic)
- Application PhD Training Certificate, (PhD Training Certificate procedure)
- Application PhD Training Certificate, please send to secretary CTO with copies of certificates (PhD Training Certificate form)
Additional useful information
- Quality Assurance Plan (download PDF)
- PhD Guide
*Please only register for a course when the course is open for registration
17 November 2023
Quotes PhD retreat 2022:
"Great tips on staying focused and very nice to hear about all the various career perspectives"
"Very interesting talks and nice to bond with fellow phds"
"beautiful location, interesting program, good catering; well done!"
19+26 January and 2 February 2024